View Single Post
Old 18th November 2012, 23:07   #39  |  Link
xkodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
- You mean there's a new decoder dll version from ArcSoft which fixes the problem?
Nope, I use 1.1.0.0. We can decode to WAV Lss,Rss,Lsr,Rsr -> SL,SR,BL,BR, but decode Ls,Rs,Lsr,Rsr to WAV is not possible because don't exist the equivalent channels for Ls,Lr. Then the mix what ArcSoft put in SL,SR,BL,BR is correct for me.
i completely don't agree with that, because there is no "strange setup" file that contains a recording which actually uses the real channel order to which the file is set - take even for example "Qtec Hi-Definition Reference Disc" - it has the same 24-bit/96kHz multi-channel track in LPCM, TrueHD and DTS-HD MA which is set to "strange setup" - LPCM and TrueHD are correctly decoded bit-perfect, but Arcsoft 1.1.0.0 decode is not bit-perfect. however, the channel order seems wrongly set in the DTS-HD MA to "strange setup" and it doesn't reflect the true channel order of the recording inside - same applies for me for Scandinavian version of "Sin City" that is another famous example with "strange setup" files. so, if we assume Arcsoft 1.1.0.0 decodes the DTS-HD MA sample from "Qtec Hi-Definition Reference Disc" correctly as "tebasuna51" believes then it means that any existing LPCM and TrueHD decoder is wrong, because the same track in LPCM and TrueHD from that demo-disc is decoded in way different than Arcsoft 1.1.0.0.

BTW, if "madshi" is interested to implement a fix for that, he can contact me to give him simple proof-of-concept code for DTS-HD MA header-parching in C that switches the channel order as currently 'eaqc3to' do for DTS files - i guess that way implementing the real fix in 'eac3to' would be matter of minutes. also, when 'eac3to' decodes all 8 channels of DTS-HD MA "strange setup" bit-perfect then people like "tebasuna51" that believe that's wrong can mix them to their liking. however, it's very simple and believe no any code example is necessary when check the document here:

http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/...14v010301p.pdf

and just change the channel order bits and re-calculate the CRC.

Last edited by xkodi; 18th November 2012 at 23:24.
xkodi is offline   Reply With Quote