View Single Post
Old 10th February 2009, 02:59   #8189  |  Link
bobberty

Hi madshi, thank you for eac3to...it's such an awesome program.

I'd like to use eac3to as an archival tool. By this, I mean I'd like to take a BD or HDDVD and demux the main movie video stream and audio streams. I'd like to keep them in their original format, without processing or doing anything to the streams, ideally just a bit for bit extraction. Then I'd like to back up these demuxed files to DVD-R to save for future use. Since programs and containers and encoders change all the time, I'd like to keep these original files in their original state (or as close to their original state as possible).

Is just passing -demux to eac3to the best way to do this? Would I need to pass other options, like -keepDialnorm and -keepPulldown?

Also, for demuxing, does it make a difference if I use eac3to by itself without installing the Nero, Arcsoft, and Sonic filters? Or does having these filters installed give better demuxing results?

Thanks again for eac3to, it's great. Bob.

edit:

It would appear that it doesn't matter if you have the filters installed or not for demuxing. I demuxed a HDDVD with the filters and without, and the files came out the same. I compared their md5 checksums and everything was the same.

Last edited by bobberty; 10th February 2009 at 11:07.