madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by azad View Post
Thanks, I'll have a look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shambles View Post
here's an interesting sample: http://www.sendspace.com/file/cydiac

the audio starts as 2.0 but switches to 5.1 at frame 11. eac3to handles the whole thing as 2channel and when decoded, the length is 3 times what it should be

edit, another sample where it switches from 2.0 to 5.1, then to 2.0 and to 5.1 again: http://www.sendspace.com/file/5u7t56
eac3to does not handle such files well, I'm aware of that. But IMO it's not really possible to handle such files perfectly. If the AC3 file begins with 2.0 and then switches to 5.1 then what format should eac3to decode to? A 2.0 WAV file would be incorrect. A 5.1 WAV file would be better but still not really right. Furthermore eac3to would have to know that although it begins as 2.0 it will suddenly become 5.1 later because otherwise eac3to would begin writing a 2.0 WAV file.

Currently I'm not really planning to do anything to solve this problem. eac3to just doesn't like files which are switching essential parameters (like number of channels) in mid stream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa_kid View Post
When running "eac3to" in an HD-DVD (and Blu-Ray i assume) directory, with the listing of titles. Is it possible to have stream and bitrate printed somewhere on the line? I use those for a few things I do on my own and would make things a fraction easier
Unfortunately that's not possible without fully parsing every single EVO file which would cost a lot of time. eac3to prints out every bit of information about the audio/video tracks it can gather from the XPL and VTI files. But if the bitrate is not contained in these files (theoretically it could, but practically it rarely is) eac3to simply doesn't know the bitrate. But if the bitrate is contained in the XPL and/or VTI file then eac3to does print it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectal Prolapse View Post
madshi, what kind of processing or checking is done on AVC streams in eac3to? I'm wondering if eac3to can be used to check AVC video for errors (ie. corruption introduced by a bad rip).
Unfortunately eac3to does only very limited checks on video streams. Just enough to split the video streams into frames, that's it. In order to do reliable corruption checking every frame would have to be fully decoded and the decoder would have to output information about whether there's something wrong or not.

I have just 2 days ago asked the ffmpeg/libav guys to add a "frame contains corruption" flag to their decoders. That would allow eac3to to do what mpeg2repair does - on all video and audio tracks. The ffmpeg/libav guys who replied generally liked the idea. But I'm not sure if anybody is going to actually implement this feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack1 View Post
How to upgrade to newest version? Deleting old folder and create new one unpacking new rar or unpack new rar to old folder overwriting necessary files? Does eac3to writes some info into registry?
Nothing is written to registry at this point in time. You can just delete the old folder and unpack the new zip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsancho View Post
hi all & quick q.
after remuxing with TSRemux0020 (just removing some audio & subtitles streams) new *.m2ts file is playing fine with MPC, but 4 eac3to file is damaged.
So, is this caused by TSRemux0020 or...?
Yes and no. The resulting files really do contain discontinuity errors, so IMHO TsRemux does something wrong. BUT the discontinuities are not in the streams you left in the m2ts file, but they are in some other streams. The next eac3to version will check discontinuities only in streams which really contain data. This will fix the problem. (I ran into the same problem.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChuang View Post
Recently I'm trying to downmix a 6ch mlp from DVD-A to stereo wav file for playback with common CDplayer.

eac3to is really a great tool to do so, but I think the downmixed 2ch wav with default "-down2 (Dolby Pro Logic II mode)" sounds a little weird.
Maybe I don't have a Dolby Pro Logic II decoder and thus can't recover the signal properly.

So I wonder if there is a chance to add different downmixing modes as

L = fL + (-3db)C + (-3db)sL + (-3db)LFE
R = fR + (-3db)C + (-3db)sR + (-3db)LFE

or the one used in Surcode MLP encoder:
L = (-6db)fL + (-9db)C + (-12db)sL + (-15db)LFE
R = (-6db)fR + (-9db)C + (-12db)sR + (-15db)LFE

thanks in advance

*note: the original 6ch mlp is grabbed with DVD-AExplorer, all with channel map 0,1,2,3,4,5=fL,fR,C,LFE,sL,sR
Generally adding further mixing modes is not difficult. However, what I don't want to do is this:

(1) add one private mixing mode for the taste of every eac3to user
(2) make the options any more complicated than they already are

Because of that I'm not sure what to do. If there are some "official" and knowingly good mixing modes apart from Dolby Pro Logic II, then I might be willing to support them. Are there?