View Single Post
Old 1st January 2017, 20:08   #41813  |  Link
Knight77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinemancave View Post
How should I configure madvr/lav in order to perform HDR-->SDR conversion and leaving BT.2020 untouched?

I have a JVC projector and a popular method of watching UHD is to let Panasonic UB700/900 do HDR-->SDR conversion with BT.2020 passthrough with the help of the HD fury/integral. I am basically interested in doing the same thing with Madvr since I now have HDR content on my HTPC. I am thinking this should be possible?
This post lead me to think about something: I've got a 4K TV and madVR set in relation to it.

Recently I changed video card (upgraded to a GTX1070) and used again dispcal to calibrate the TV, I set it to 2.4 gamma with 6500K white point... question is...should I recalibrate it to BT2020?

Now madVR is set "calibrated BT709 with gamma 2.4", if I change it to BT2020 I see that the video is like losing colours, with DCI-P3 I see it like a middle way, while BT709 is the one more colorful (even if with some video sometimes faces look a bit too red but not with all of them so I guess is also related to the way has been shooted).

Can anyone give me some opionion about this? Please :-)

thanks !
Knight77 is offline   Reply With Quote