View Single Post
Old 5th March 2014, 16:44   #24304  |  Link
iSunrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX-UltraII View Post
Chill out a little dude.
I am NOT asking for what is better. I am specifically asking Madshi what he prefers when playing 1080p Blu-Ray content.
He has a point, though, and a very good one. Why exactly would that help you, when madshi doesnīt have access to a 4K projector? And even if he did, he probably doesnīt have the same model you do, which also does make a difference.

Why donīt you just test it yourself, instead of posting 20 posts asking everyone about their respective opinions when everyone of us has a completely different setup than you do. Everyone has a different taste, too, which you can see when you actually followed our dithering discussion. I see that with you a lot. If a new build and feature comes out, you always ask for "the best" settings, but you never actually provide an opinion yourself. Itīs like you donīt even exist and just copy blindly what other users prefer, instead of making up your own mind about it. I totally donīt get that at all. Especially since your high-end 4K projector should make some differences really obvious and make the differences clearly visible.

Personally, on a 4K device, NNEDI3 luma doubling should always be enabled in your case, NNEDI3 chroma upscaling always second. And Iīm not even talking about NNEDI3 chroma doubling, because most of us donīt have a 4K device. Left are Lanczos, which is the sharpest with side-effects, while Jinc is sometimes more accurate, also with side-effects, so itīs all a matter of preference and the content that you feed madVR.

Last edited by iSunrise; 5th March 2014 at 17:12.
iSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote