View Single Post
Old 8th October 2011, 04:06   #10022  |  Link
Mikey2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cca View Post
I recently decided to give madVR another go, last time I had issues in fullscreen. After many tries it's apparent that in my own system MadVR is incapable to produce a smooth video image. Even when the renderer itself reports zero glitches the motion is glitchy, I can see microstutters in every panning scene. I've tried all the flush options, the DX11 option, the anti-glitch options, nothing gets rid of the glitches. It is sad, because the image quality is top, but I cannot tolerate glitches when I watch videos.

Back to MPC-HC's EVR-CP for now, image quality not great, but not a single glich, ever.
Your stats show that you should be able to use ReClock properly. Most people (including myself) jumped on "Hardware Decoding" Try software decoding, for me I went from many lags to perfection (even on Spline-4/Spline-4 resizing!)

There are several ways to do this, but it can be done simply by blocking your normal decoder and enabling the "processing" options in madvr.

I am a big fan of Software Decoding, it balances half of the work to the CPU [the decoding] and the other half to the GPU (the rendering.) And where the decoding occurs of course has no bearing on quality. thus leaving more resources on what does make a difference (i.e. MadVR's Rendering...)

A couple more possibilities:
  • Are you using ReClock [correctly] (If so what is madVR reporting as the delta from clock-speed?)
  • Are you sure you are in full-screen exclusive mode?
  • Are the shaders off on your player? (They are not compatible with madVR. Theoretically they should just be ignored, but I just checked mpc-hc and there was an option to turn them on/off...turn them off!)

I hope this helps...
Mikey2 is offline   Reply With Quote