View Single Post
Old 4th October 2005, 16:17   #29  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac
I thought the point was that nero wouldn't work well for direct copies as you can't trust it to put the physical layer break where the vob says it should be. Now you're confusing me
Nero should be able to do a 1:1 copy, as the layer break is probably not changed by this operation, if you don't write the DVD files to disc. You should burn 'on the fly', or an ISO created by Nero. Anyway, Nero is the worst choice to burn a DVD-Video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac
I thought ifoedit's 'get vts sectors' button did the trick. But usually, I just move the PGC post commands to pre-commands, and disable playback that way, without deleting the offending cells. Thus I don't need to adjust sector offsets (and don't have to worry about PGC commands trying to trick me by testing for register side effects)
IfoEdit's Get VTS Sectors do a minimal job. It is theorically sufficient for a DVD-5, but your DVD will not be protected against defects or scratches, as it is unable to add the 32K gaps needed to ensure that the IFO and the BUP are not on the same ECC block.
Also, IfoEdit cannot 'fix' the sector pointers to align the layer break properly. If you burn DVD files on a DVD 9, it's crucial!
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote