View Single Post
Old 18th January 2016, 11:42   #760  |  Link
GamBIT_Rus

Hello! Thanx for answer.

Now I've found that the problem is BD3D2MK3D shows the subs streams as they are twice, with fake "forced' streams. Let's look
here are screenshots

Rus Eng Rus Eng. 4 streams.
Really - Rus Full, Eng, Rus forced, Eng. Sadly but isnt pointed which one full or forced. Maybe due to BD author, dont now. But players commonly do now what to do with it.
Further

any attempt to use the forced subs will bump with the error until you somehow begin to know that exactly the second stream (and exactly with no checkbox forced on) is forced indeed. worth to be genius, isnt it? :-))
an attempt to use that fake forced subs-streams will give an error and interrupt. its been long to understand this to me, each time you must wait whole BD3D demux.
By the way, I offer yoг to set checkbox "Exit and encode after successful demux" on by default. It wouldnt be complex to uncheck the box to smbd who anyway wants to stop process after dumux. To the majority it isnt necessary, I think, only annoying.

So, at first sight the problem may be solved by finding out which subs-stream is forced. That may be not easy if the forced subs are written 5 times a film, for ex. So, the better way could be if BD3DMK3D would not show "fake" channels that produce its crash. And if a BD does really contain any mark of "forced" or not stream is - to show it (for a coder to understand if a stream is full or forced only). If it is possible to make.

What for 265 - this codec is very effective, equally twice to 264. Huge CPU usage to code, but it costs. 4K Tvs support it in common, but not so easy like 264. So it does matter to code correctly. DVDFab has given my only one 265 movie to play easily like 264. BD3DMK3D no one. I want to understand why. Media info still doesnt make me understand. Maybe reframes or smth. Asking to know. Full SbS or Full O/U are made for 4K internal players, to watch this instead of BD, so its important that 265 would run easy.
By the way, totally agree that x264 gives the best quality, so want to figure out with x265. Think you underestimate to power and future of 265 codec. It's great you added this into a program.