View Single Post
Old 15th November 2017, 17:17   #5703  |  Link
pradeeprama

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
x265 2.5+55-dd9772385d15

Add CLI option to enable or disable picture copy to internal frame buffer

Code:
   --[no-]copy-pic               Copy buffers of input picture in frame. Default enabled

I can imagine that when x265 is linked inside an application or as DLL; but how is that supposed to work for x265 as a separate CLI application? I doubt it would have access to memory pointers of a calling application.
I understand the confusion this might cause. Let me try to clarify.

If you invoke the x265 application, you won't be able to access the invoking application's memory buffers as you are in separate processes and therefore this option isn't useful. This option is applicable only when you do an integration of the x265 library with another application. In that case, the option is useful because we advocate that you use the x265_param_parse() API call to populate the right fields of the param structure instead of directly writing the struct yourself; doing it through the API ensures that all checks are done by the library. For every param, the string that you pass to populate the param is the cli-option string and therefore, exposing this as a CLI option enables folks who do deep integration to use this option in a clean fashion
pradeeprama is offline   Reply With Quote