View Single Post
Old 18th August 2005, 10:14   #172  |  Link
veverica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai4spam
Well, it would be nice to compare the detection routines, and maybe see where mine works and yours doesn't, and the other way around. Have you tried anime fansubs? Ther are a bit harder to work with - see the example in guide on the SubRip homepage, how does PodPis deal with that? Do you still get 99% detection accuracy?
I'll try that out. The detection often works very well but the picture is jammed, not possible to OCR. This kind of subs I just skip and use the times only and than in SubtitlesTranslator manualy enter the text. Saves a lot of time, I think.
In PodPis I compare the pictures I consider to be the same subtitle and than use only the one with least white points. Even if some parts of the subtitle are jammed it is a good chance to get a clear subpicture.

Quote:
Well, I'd have to run them side by side to decide. Sounds to me like you already have everything in place. We can ask zuggy to include a link to PodPis on the SubRip homepage, or I can do it myself, if he agrees. One question: what do you do when you have a "possible"? Do you still output it in the .idx/.sub files? I'd say actually seeing the subtitles helps a lot. And do you actually save the files with different text and outline colors, or do you just make them black and white?
Yes, simply black and white. It would not work, if the subs would be yellow, if they are white i can use threshold parameter to get white color.

Quote:
That would be easy enough to do, but what advantage is there? The "Skip this subtitle" button skips without adding that message. Do you actually go in with some other program (like SubtitleWorkshop) and fill in your skipped items? On the other hand, it would make sense to have a "Same as last" button in the manual typing window. However, that only shows up if SubRip can't detect the lines in a multi-line subtitle, which doesn't happen if you use the "inter-line options".
See the first answer... If the subtitle is detected but it is too crowded (a lot of jam) I skip it and than type it in when doing correction. I think the correction is crutial for avi sub ripping, just to get a proper product I correct it in SubtitlesTranslator on speed 3x.

Quote:
On another note, I was trying to get the subtitle removal filter to work (see some earlier posts). It would be a great help if you could finish it (it's only debugging, everything else is in place) using your knowledge of VirtualDub, and maybe combining it with PodPis.
Yes, maybe I can check that out. I remember long nights when bringing up PodPis to life. Spins, Preview button, sliders, ah, thousands of bugs....
veverica is offline   Reply With Quote