View Single Post
Old 4th October 2017, 00:27   #1  |  Link
edumj

Inverse Telecine NTSC Simpsons DVDs

Hi,

I’m trying to deinterlace (IVTC) these DVDs, but the 2:3 pattern (2 interlaced and 3 progressive frames) it’s only at the begining of the video, later it doesn’t stop changing from to 3 or 4 interlaced frames, followed by 4 or 5 progresive frames (or maybe static interlaced frames), and sometimes 5 or 6 different progressive frames. Maybe some speed changing telecine??

Here’s the beginning of the episode I’m working with (vob demuxed and indexed):
https://mega.nz/#!KUtgDZpB!d9bKTHFil...FpxbD9XDY6Bwi4

I’ve tried TFM+TDecimate and Telecide+Decimate, but they (the decimates) always delete 1 of 5 frames no matter if they are repeated or not, and I can’t find a way to delete 1 of 5 frames but only if they are repeated, and keeping in sync by deleting the next repeated frames it finds.

How can I do this automatically with deleteframe()?

I’m also trying to inverse telecine and delete repeated frames with manually counting how many fields correspond to every original film frame. I do it with with SeparateFields() and writing every changing frame, so I get the pulldown pattern: 2:2:2:3 2:2:2:3 2 and 4:5:4:5:4:5 5:4:5:4:5:4 etc...
I made a script to delete:
· 1 field when the number of fields is 3 (to keep 1 full frame and eliminate the repeated field which causes interlacing),
· 1 field (or 3 to keep in sync) when the number is 5 (2 and a half frames)
· 0 fields (or 2 to keep in sync) when the number is 4 (2 repeated frames)
· 0 fields when then number is 2 (because no repeated fields). And it works!

How can I do this automatically?

I’m trying to write one txt file with these pulldown cadence changes but I don’t know enough about avisynth conditional functions to make it work correcty. I can post my (messy) script.

I do SeparateFields(), and select even fields and odd fields separately, and with YDifferenceToNext it detects (more or less) when a frame changes (when the next top or bottom field will change, so there are no more repeated fields) so I must write the number of the counter variable (the number of fields that 1 frame represents) in a txt, and reinitialize. I’m trying to make the 2 YDifferenceToNext at a time to make only one txt file, but it should “advance” 2 frames when it finds a repeated field to work the right way... Does anyone understands it??

PD: Why it's so hard to correctly answer "Random Questions"??
edumj is offline   Reply With Quote