View Single Post
Old 10th April 2017, 20:04   #175  |  Link
Orf
YAP author

Quote:
Great news, all seems to work now, either the playback and the menu! Thank you very much for that!!!
Yes, now I can go further with other things again

Quote:
I noted that if I use the bluray menu feature, YAP switch automatically to EVR even if I selected Madvr as renderer and when I launch the movie, YAP remains in EVR. As Madvr is far better than EVR, this is pretty annoying for me
Even it's not YAP fault, I need to explain why this happens. dsLibBluray requires video renderer to support multiple input pins. Unfortunately current madVR do not support it. As far as I know madshi aware of it, so he may add support for it some day or may not, I don't know. Also YAP should change renderer back to madVR when you leave disc menu (pressing Alt+M again). But if you start movie from bluray menu it is still played using dsLibBluray setup with EVR CP. It is not a native way to play BDs which use LAV source instead of dsLibBluray, supports both renderers and switching between them any time.

So recommended usage for bluray menu feature (and that's why I've implement it) is only to glance on how's menu look like. After that you can leave menu along and play BD using native way. Playlist/chapter navigation and stream switching is built in, so you don't losing much. Also dsLibBluray can't played all BDs correctly, do not have 64bit version, so this feature is limited in many ways

Quote:
And again, maybe it's just me but I feel all the process to import the blu-ray files into the player's playlist should be more transparent and need too many actions for the user
May be you can suggest on how to do it? Currently I have no ideas. I may add import drive dialog for example, as I've said earlier, but you didn't answer is that what you want or may be your want something else ?

Quote:
Please, let me know if I can help you any further
Any feedback helps to understand how others use it, so feel free to comment it more

Last edited by Orf; 10th April 2017 at 20:08.
Orf is offline   Reply With Quote