View Single Post
Old 18th January 2010, 11:16   #2005  |  Link
Alante

Since I've been on that road I can tell you that being an Audiophile is a more like a mental disses, cause you get obsessed with perfection and never find it, you always feel like you're close but never there, so you end up spending thousands of dollars on audio equipment and you love it at first, your personal bliss but with time passing you find some small imperfections which becomes huge, cause your obsession with them you end up feeling like there's so much room for more improvement... Loosing my job was a cure for me, cause being short on money for investment had to keep my audio listing obsession for later, and that brake give me enough time to realize I was just getting crazy on a search for perfection, kinda like this guys... How can you tell the difference from real audiophiles and audiophile's wannabees, you ask? That's simple, those that are satisfied with a PC as a source for their sound, using for example an Omega Claro paired with a sennheiser HD 600 and acting as if they reached bliss, are just audiophile wannabees compared to those that own more then 3 high- fidelity (hi-fi) combinations (for example) and still unsatisfied. It's not about listening to music anymore, it's about a obsession with sound reproduction...

leeperry's example of so called video perfection looks like it's going in the same direction but this time it's obsession with video reproduction.

Quote:
well you said your LCD was at least 2yo, it's a dinosaur now
CRT's are much older and you praise on those... Still have my dell p1130 (which is actually a sony g520 inside).I use it about 3 years so is still working fine, but now I keep it in the basement. Was hopping to replace that with a SED which never came...
Alante is offline   Reply With Quote