View Single Post
Old 18th March 2003, 11:14   #14  |  Link
Chetwood

Re: Turning Subtitle (On/Off) by Default Guide

Quote:
Originally posted by 2COOL
  • [font=century]
    C0 SubPicture 1: Language (2-bit rle ) (ID: 0x20)
    C1 SubPicture 2: Language (2-bit rle ) (ID: 0x21)
    15. You will have a new pre command containing a “Break” command Double left click on this new pre command line and you will be presented with your HexEdit Module window. In our example, substitute “XX” with the hex value you wrote down in step 2 or 4. Edit the hex value as follows.

OLD > Pre Command NOP [00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ]
    NEW > Pre Command (SetSTN) Set Subpicture Stream: #(Off) [51 00 00 00 XX 00 00 00 ]

• Seems a bit confusig for me here. In my case of a RC-2 Buffy DVD with only english/german subs I do not have any PGC Command Table so I insert my own Pre-Command as you did in step 14. Now I want the second subtitle stream (German) to be turned on by default so I would have to add the value 'C1'. But do I really have to do it manually? I did a right-click on the newly generated emtpy command line and selected 'edit command' and in the upcoming drop-down box I selected

- (SetSTN) Set Subpicture Stream Nr
    - Stream 1

which resulted in the following line:

[000000F4] 1. Pre Command (SetSTN) Set Subpicture Stream Nr: 1(Off) [51 00 00 00 81 00 00 00]
Now when I play the movie in PowerDVD German sub is enabled by default as I planned it to be!

However,
  • why does the hex value read '81' instead of 'C1'?
  • why does the SetSTN-command read OFF instead of ON?
  • why do we have to enter a value manually when we can select the desired command and subtitle stream in the dropdown box?
  • am I confused or what?

Thanks for any info!
Chetwood is offline   Reply With Quote