View Single Post
Old 17th November 2006, 22:40   #1  |  Link
chipzoller
Mr. Woof

Impossible to back-up DVD with any method?

I recently bought from the UK an old cartoon series called David the Gnome and as I do with all my new DVD purchases I'd like to back-up the set. The set is comprised of 4 DVDs of which the first backed up with no problem.

The second disc I'm finding is impossible to backup. No matter what method I use, DVD Shrink and Nero Recode will crash either silently or with a "programming error" message. Here are the methods I've tried:

*AnyDVD (6.0.8.0) in background->DVDDecrypter to ISO file->DVD Shrink
*AnyDVD (6.0.8.0) in background->DVDDecrypter to ISO file->Nero Recode (2.3.2.0)
*AnyDVD (6.0.8.0) in background->DVD Shrink directly
*Ripit4Me (1.5.6.0)->DVDDecrypter to ISO file->both shrink and recode
*DVDFabDecrypter (3.0.3.8 beta) backup disc in file mode->DVD shrink

It's important to note that this disc is BRAND new and also I'm turning on all the advanced options in DVD shrink. I get the "programming error" at the 100% of the encoding stage. I'm having shrink save to an ISO file and am NOT burning directly from any program to disc. All the faqs I've read on the DVD Shrink forums don't seem to address this problem exactly.

Also important to note is the fact that I've never seen this problem with DVDShrink, and moreover this is the first problem I've ever had backup up any of my DVDs, and I go through the motions frequently.

Can anyone suggest anything, or have I overlooked something here?

EDIT: This DVD is R2 and according to stats reported by AnyDVD is not CSS protected.

Last edited by chipzoller; 17th November 2006 at 22:43.
chipzoller is offline   Reply With Quote