View Single Post
Old 4th January 2019, 15:14   #158  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHD 4 Everyone View Post
I haven’t used scenarist since I’m not freaking rich. But I believe it takes whatever you give it as far as input media goes. Otherwise, it costs enough that it should be able to control what Bitrate you will render to. JDobbs program does not re-encode. TSM2UHD only parses through streams and modifies certain flags and other info to reflect UHD BD “compliance”

Have you reached out to their support for assistance, you pay enough for the software that you should be able to contact them and they will walk you through it.
There is a 32 bit value in the CLPI file called TS_recording_rate. On the UHD discs I've looked at it is set to 109 Mbps (which is the maximum for a 66GB or 100GB disc). For most standard 50GB (or 25GB) discs used for UHD the maximum should be 64 Mbps (and 48 Mbps when used for non-UHD). It wouldn't surprise me if Scenarist always sets it to 109 (since almost all commercial discs are 66/100GB and Scenarist is used commercially).

TSM2UHD doesn't change that value, since TSMUXER doesn't set it that high. But, now that I think about it, it probably should be set to 64 Mbps since many people who are reencoding might use a higher maximum bitrate than they would on a standard 1080p BD.

If anyone is going to try and change it manually -- please note that the value is actually stored as bytes per second.

Last edited by jdobbs; 4th January 2019 at 15:25.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote