View Single Post
Old 4th December 2012, 19:50   #15949  |  Link
DarkSpace

Many thanks for this piece of work, it's really great! However, I'd like to report a possible bug:
When switching the screen refresh rate (manually, not using the automatic Refresh Rate Changer) to 120Hz on my Laptop's internal 1080p screen, madVR stops outputting a picture. The Media Player window still changes its size to the video resolution in Windowed Mode, but both Fullscreen Exclusive and Windowed Mode only show a black picture. Interestingly, the Debug OSD (already enabled from before swit) doesn't display in Windowed mode, but in FSE, it briefly shows an additional line
Code:
Desktop Composition Rate: 120.000Hz [there are a few trailing zeros, but I couldn't count them]
before that line vanishes, but the interesting part is that it shows
Code:
display 0.000000Hz
It doesn't update during playback at all, and when the playback is paused, it only updates the Render Queue. I have included a Debug Log of a few seconds of video playing for both Windowed Mode and FSE. Also interesting is that while the screen stays blank except for the Debug OSD, the FSE seekbar does show up, albeit with a delay of a few seconds. Also, after a while, it seems MPC-HC just hangs, because audio also stops playing. In the case of the Debug logs, the audio stopped at around 25 seconds.
I should mention that EVR-CP works perfectly fine.
My Setup:
Code:
AMD Radeon HD 670M with up-to-date drivers
Windows 7 Ultimate
MPC-HC 1.6.5.6291
LAV Filters 0.54.1
ReClock 1.8.7.9
madVR 0.85.1
I did use the search and didn't find anything alike. Unfortunately, I don't have any other screens capable of 120Hz at all, so I can't test if it's maybe my drivers' fault.
DarkSpace is offline   Reply With Quote