View Single Post
Old 26th January 2014, 21:38   #21983  |  Link
ThurstonX

Sorry for the noob question, but I read about the number of frames presented in advance being increased to 8 (from 4?) for exclusive mode. I'm looking at the "exclusive mode settings" tab and "how many video frames shall be presented in advance" is set to "4". Saw that on 0.87.1; this is with 0.87.2. GPU queue size is set to "8". Am I looking in the wrong place? Do I need to reset the settings? Normally I just unzip the new version, overwriting without question.

I didn't do nearly the extensive testing as others, but for my usual use on a Radeon HD 6670 (and less used 5670), I didn't notice any performance hit. My default settings have deband on (default setting), Smooth motion FRC on (only if there would be motion judder without it...), and Jinc 3 + AR from chroma and image upscaling. Pretty sure "trade quality for performance" is default (3 checked).

nnedi @ 32 neurons was OK if I used lesser scaling (I left deband and Smooth motion on). OpenCL error diffusion proved a little much, though I didn't try disabling debanding and Smooth motion, or going really low with upscaling. I'll likely stick with what I normally use, unless I find time to do some serious testing.

I used a 23p SD (probably recorded from DVR using S-Vid to Hauppauge; lo-fi style ;-) file and a 1280x544 23p DVD encode. I have some copy free MPEGs from Comcast (so, interlaced), but haven't checked those yet.

core i5, 8 GB RAM, always software decoding. 1920x1080 60 Hz LG LED TV.
ThurstonX is offline   Reply With Quote