View Single Post
Old 21st April 2009, 00:57   #2035  |  Link
samepaul

I doubt it is obvious to you, but there is something much more obvious to me. There is bug in MeGUI. Or a behavior that looks to me as a bug.
Nothing broken in my "system's directshow filters". As proof of my word - I have no problems with the source video itself. MPC and Graphstudio open it in milliseconds.
Manually created AVIS plays good as well. Besides, I'm dealing with video encoding for years (even here I'm registered longer than you ) and know how looks broken directshow system.
Moreover I performed a small debugging.
My guess is that once you open media file (via File-Open-Other Video files), MeGUI ignores the input file type and tries to treat it as AVIS script anyway.
This explains why I see in Filemonitor that MeGUI just linearly scans input file. And only after scanning whole file it brings "AviSynth script creator" dialog.

After searching on forum I found instruction on opening files like "go to Tools -> AviSynth script creator". Indeed this way it opens faster, though still takes long time to open 30GB BD remux stored in MKV. Mediaplayer opens manual AVIS much (i mean MUCH) faster.
But even after reaching this AVIS creator, one move of slider in Preview window brings MeGUI again to coma of file scanning. I guess this is already side-effect of DirectShowSource without "fps". As for me it is bug as well. Don't see real reason for configuring cropping and resize via AviSynth. There is button "preview in player" - use it! Configure cropping, resizing in interactive mode via DirectShow. Then preview created script in player.

Last edited by samepaul; 21st April 2009 at 04:44.