View Single Post
Old 19th March 2003, 09:54   #16  |  Link
Chetwood

Turning on default audio stream necessary?

Quote:
Originally posted by 2COOL
Are you still confused?
Well, I'm not digging it totally but it seemed to work ok. I just got confused cause my method of using the pulldown menu instead of manually changing the settings also came up with the same results. I guess, by turning off the primary subtitle stream PowerDVD and my standalone automatically switched to the next stream which in my case was the one I desired.

And this makes me wonder: would it make any sense to also set the default audio stream to make a more standard-compatible DVD that is likely to run in more standalones? You see, I ripped three eps from a Buffy DVD that has 4 eps, I changed the number of chapters to 3 so you can skip straight to the next ep and I changed the fuzzy green subtitles to the normal white ones. So far so good.

However, it appears to me that by making my own DVD over several steps I still may not have set all the standard 'settings' a DVD requires. I guess that both PowerDVD and my standalone did not find any command as to which audio/subtitle to display so they just picked the first ones they could find in the vob, which was english.

Maybe by also setting this with a pre-command as I did on the subtitle would result in a more standard conform DVD? OTOH I'm maybe just getting too technical...
Chetwood is offline   Reply With Quote