View Single Post
Old 12th January 2012, 20:18   #14557  |  Link
e-t172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen R. Savage View Post
Can anyone comment on whether it is possible to configure Avisynth processing in ffdshow to perform IVTC with, e.g. TIVTC? I have tried the following fragment:

Code:
TFM()
TDecimate()
I remember this working in some version long ago, but when I try this, I just end up with combed frames and incorrect decimation.
Be sure to provide Avisynth with enough buffers in ffdshow's configuration (0/12 seems to be the right amount). Your example works fine on my system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
One of the "holy grails" of Windows HTPC has always been simultaneous output of audio out multiple formats - for example, bitstreaming audio out the HDMI and SPDIF, while outputting a stereo remix of that same audio out the headphones out, all at the same time. It is something that standalone DVD players and Blu-ray players have done since their conception, and I believe Apple handles relatively well as well, but on Windows has basically always been impossible. A Google search brings up hundreds of forum threads on this topic, with no real answers that I've been able to find.

Is this something that could be added into FFDShow as a feature, or is it simply impossible with the current Windows architecture?
There's a fundamental hardware problem when playing an audio stream over multiple sound outputs: clock mismatch. There are possible solutions, like on-the-fly resampling to compensate for clock drift (à la ReClock), but they're not easy to implement. Also, simultaneous audio output should be a feature of the player (e.g. MPC-HC) or the audio renderer, not ffdshow.
e-t172 is offline   Reply With Quote