View Single Post
Old 12th June 2009, 18:33   #13  |  Link
tritical

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansing
really nice stuff, how is the speed compare to the old one?
On my computer (Q6600) with default settings nnedi2 is 25-30% faster than nnedi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leak
What are the chances of this being made into a GIMP-plugin?
I have no experience with GIMP. I'll see how tough it would be before answering .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavino
With YV12 clips, simply interpolating between the original pixels introduces a chroma shift of 1/4 pixel.
Is this too small to worry about?
You mean when using dh=true? I hadn't thought about it, but you are right. There will be a 1/4 on the original scale, 1/2 on the new scale, shift upwards with field=1, or downwards with field=0, because vertically the chroma samples are half way between 2 luma lines. So just copying the original chroma to every other line of the enlarged image doesn't maintain the positioning relative to the luma.

If you follow that with a turnleft or turnright and another dh=true it gets more complicated. Since horizontally the chroma samples are aligned with the left pixel in each pair in the original image, everything should be fine if you use field=1 in the subsequent nnedi2(dh=true) call. However, another shift would be introduced if you use field=0. That also applies to yuy2 since it has the same horizontal subsampling as yv12.

From that point if you rotate the image back, so that you have a 2x enlargement, there will be a vertical shift in chroma. If instead you rotate the image again in the same direction and make another dh=true call, I think there is the possibility to cancel part of the vertical shift or introduce even more vertical shift depending on how you set 'field'.

I'll try to modify the avs functions in the help file to minimize chroma shift when enlarging yv12/yuy2.

Last edited by tritical; 12th June 2009 at 18:37.
tritical is offline   Reply With Quote