View Single Post
Old 17th March 2009, 00:10   #2085  |  Link
spida_singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea View Post
I doubt very much this will be implemented. BDRB is designed for use with sources that have already been ripped to the hard drive. If your using AnyDVD HD just use the built in ripper or windows explorer and copy all the folders to a folder on your hard drive and load that folder into BDRB.

Encoding straight from a disc is ALWAYS a bad idea unless you simply can't make enough space for the process when ripping the disc to your computer. It places a lot of strain on your Bluray drive too. Encodes can take 10+ hours and reading with your bluray drive constantly like that is not a good idea generally speaking.

You'll have more reliable results reading from the hard drive also because you might find there is an error on the disc and then BDRB enocdes it, it won't "try again" like a disc ripper would by reducing the read speed right down etc.

Hope your getting what I'm saying. Rip it to your hard drive first always.
Thats fine, it's handy from disc, saves time ripping, though i understand ripping to hard drive will always be best, il have to run my jobs during the night i guess. Thanks
spida_singh is offline   Reply With Quote