View Single Post
Old 7th July 2011, 09:03   #449  |  Link
Wildfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by twazerty View Post
Looks like that could be the solution. I didn't notice it. On normal windows it just runs fine without the quotes. But it is better if they are there. Can you test something out for me?
Open cmd and past the imgburn command (can be found in the log) so you get this:
- WinKey + R (Run)
- cmd
- complete command WITH and WITHOUT quotes. If it fails without quotes and passes with quotes then we found it.
As I ran an encode tonight, I could test it right away... and I have now discovered what went wrong.

I tried not using the /CLOSE switch, so I could actually see what error ImgBurn encountered. Turns out it had nothing to do with the quotation marks! The problem was that I had my own copy of ImgBurn on the system, which I had configured to use WNASPI32.DLL as ASPI-interface. It then uses that file if present in its own folder. Apparently, those settings are saved in the registry or some default location - your ImgBurn copy used those settings too. As your copy of ImgBurn did not have the WNASPI32.DLL file in its folder, it didn't work -- it had no access to the ASPI interface.

After copying WNASPI32.DLL to your ImgBurn's folder, it worked just fine -- without the quotation marks for the /DEST switch. However, to be on the safe side I'd recommend using them anyway. I tested it with and without quotation marks and both ways worked fine.

As for the ASPI-interface: the copy of ImgBurn used by AVCHDCoder apparently uses settings from an user-installed ImgBurn. Would it not be better to check if ImgBurn is installed on the user's system already and then using that copy of ImgBurn? At least that way you'd prevent the kind of error I encountered.

-- Edit: ImgBurn's default setting is to use Microsoft's SPTI. As that is present in Windows itself, ImgBurn will work regardless of location on your system. However, if you configure for Nero's WNASPI32.DLL the file needs to be present in the folder of ImgBurn itself. I don't know if the same applies to the ASAPI, ElbyCDIO or Patin-Couffin ASPI interfaces.

Last edited by Wildfire; 7th July 2011 at 09:31.
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote