View Single Post
Old 28th June 2007, 20:35   #253  |  Link
xkodi

@madshi and @ACrowley

do you know how to distinct DirectShow filter from DMO? i'm asking this, because i think that Sonic decoder 4.3 is DMO and it's not DirectShow filter, because with both MLP and TrueHD there are a lot of "discontinuities" :

and in text on msdn.microsoft.com i've read something like:

Quote:
When a DMO, which was not designed to work in DirectShow, receives the DISCONTINUITY flag, it performs a flush and loses the data stored. To work around this issue, the best solution is probably to write a custom DMO Wrapper filter that does not set the DISCONTINUITY flag.
so maybe Sonic 4.3 is DMO and some buffer are flushed and thus from time to time random values are send on the filter output and that results in noise, it affects only the TrueHD implementation, because there are a lot of "discontinuities" when playing MLP too, but the sound is normal.

i don't know if there are any DMO wrapper DirectShow filters available, that can be tried with Sonic 4.3 filter or how to know for sure that it is DMO ...

[EDIT] using 'InterVideo Container DMO' connected to the output of Sonic audio 4.3 fixed the "discontinuities" errors, but sound still has noise ...

Last edited by xkodi; 29th June 2007 at 08:10.