Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 16th March 2015, 07:37   #978  |  Link
qyot27
...?

The issues with Wine are gone so long as you're using the latest Wine 1.7, although the native Wine dlls for msvc[p|r]120 are still insufficient, so you need the MS ones (since 1.7 is the -devel branch, this could very well change before 1.8). My various personal builds of AviSynth+ from r1718 onwards seem to work fine - I get similar speeds as I was with 2.6 MT (might be mostly due to getting bottlenecked in HCenc). And I was using Prefetch(4) and setting the filter mode with the .avsi, so the MT should be active.

The only problem is that the MSVC 2012 and 2013 runtime installers error out. The DLLs work, the installers don't. So trying to use the redist bundled in AviSynth+'s installer won't work on Wine. You have to extract the dlls from the MS redists and copy them into Wine's system32 directory, and then add overrides for those DLLs in winecfg. This was true on both OSX 10.10 with Homebrew and Ubuntu 14.10 with the ubuntu-wine PPA. Really, winetricks is the place to handle that part, and it should be only a matter of time before vcrun2012/vcrun2013/etc. options get added to it (if they haven't been already).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainik_svp
And since AVS+ is by design Windows-only,
Classic AviSynth has that limitation; there is work being done to resolve that issue in AviSynth+ (it's just taking a while).