View Single Post
Old 5th March 2014, 13:59   #24287  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiandow View Post
There seems to be some kind of misunderstanding. The shader is meant to change the input of the dithering algorithm
Oh, ok, I didn't understand it this way. Alright, it could be interesting to test this. I might release a test build which uses your pre-processing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toniash View Post
What to look for if my render queues don't fill up completely?
Render queues? There is only one render queue. Maybe post a screenshot of the debug OSD, then we might be able to say more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Freeman View Post
Debanding (MID), softens your image.
If you watch original (non-internet) Blu-Rays, disable debanding (or set to Low if its a 10GB+ internet content).

[...]

One more (important) thing,
Use this (MPC LumaSharpen) shader Its the best sharpenning shader available (IMO), Yes way better (and smarter) than Sharpen Complex 2.
It will not touch the finest detail (add contrast) but will sharpen the not sharp enough detail/textures.
James, posting suggestions and recommendations is fine, but please make sure you mark these as your personal subjective opinion. You do sound a bit as if you your recommendations would be what everybody agreed on being the best settings. Which is definitely not the case here.

IMHO, using a deband setting of "low" can still make sense for Blu-Ray, but that's only my personal opinion and I know that some people will disagree. Sharpening is also very controversial. Some people hate it. Some people love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX-UltraII View Post
I thought that uncompressed Blu-Ray content can have debanding too?
Yes, it can happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX-UltraII View Post
I took JINC because it is a newer algo
FYI, from what I've seen, most people prefer Jinc. A minority of people prefer Lanczos. You may want to make up your own mind which you prefer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Freeman View Post
Can MadVR load pixel shaders?
I think I hear something similar somewhere...
I don't understand what you mean. madVR does support custom pixel shaders, if that is your question.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote