View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2002, 21:24   #6  |  Link
Milkman Dan

Quote:
Originally posted by neuron2
IVTC22 fails on (for example) "Tenchi The Movie 2". It also fails on much of the Cowboy Bebop material.

Decomb is also having trouble with Tenchi (as are all other IVTC programs). I hope to improve its behavior in the next release.
Decomb did a pretty good job on TMiL2, as I just ripped it the other day. Granted, there is still some artifacting around mouths and such at times, but considering the 'telecining' is awful to begin with, I think it did rather admirably.

For the Tenchi OVA's, eps' 1-6, Decomb does fine with the default settings, as does IVTC 2.2. Episodes 6 and 7 have a screwed field order, which Decomb handles by specifiying reversed fields. IVTC2.2 handles it just fine with the default settings. 8-13 are fine so far as I've done them.

But hey, if you're lookin' to improve the output, I'm certainly not going to complain. ; )
I own TMiL 1 and 2, and the OVA's on DVD, so if you need me to run tests on unreleased builds, feel free to drop me an email. Should be in my profile.

EDIT: Nevermind. This isn't one of those forums. email is jhickman at parallaxmedia dot net

Last edited by Milkman Dan; 23rd March 2002 at 21:26.
Milkman Dan is offline   Reply With Quote