View Single Post
Old 13th January 2011, 01:26   #220  |  Link
deadrats
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
You're also using a low quality source (8Mb/s for a 1080p blu-ray ? Come on WTF? ) I suspect using a higher quality source would show bigger differences, and it looks like you're deliberately using poor settings (or maybe it's just the japanese GUI)?
i'm with you, i'm the one that's been calling for using enough bit rate for an encode, but i wanted to use a source that could easily be shared with you guys (to see the "control" sample) and if that 8 mb/s 1080p is a first generation encode, then it's really not too bad.

if you have a higher quality source that can easily be shared with everyone here, then post a link.

as for deliberately using poor settings, as i said i don't speak japanese, i can't read japanese, i just was able to figure out how to use the default settings because i recognized the basic layout from previous versions of the software.

Quote:
Does anyone else see the hiprocracy here? deadrats is calling dark shikari out for not being objective, and calling software based encoding dead, despite basing his "conclusions" on zero objective evidence
DS is hardly objective, nor are his "followers". in any encoding test done where x264 hasn't been shown to be the clear, conclusive winner, DS has spent pages attacking the tester, his methodologies, the chosen source, a look through this forum and his "diary of an x264 developer" will find one diatribe after another complaining about testers that failed to find his "baby" the undisputed champion.

if you really want to see hypocrisy, read through his rants and then read his suggested methodologies for conducting an encoder test and you will see him recommend end users do the exact same thing that he rips other testers for doing.

Quote:
Come on guys, lets see some properly done objective testing.
i wasn't objective?!?

i uploaded the test encodes and linked to the source so that you guys can see for yourselves, how much more objective could i be?

feel free to conduct your own, better, test and feel free to post the results.
deadrats is offline   Reply With Quote