View Single Post
Old 12th August 2013, 01:21   #19824  |  Link
Gagorian

I'm trying to verify the 3DLut created by ArgyllCMS. I'm using HCFR with madVR as pattern generator. As I'm running the greyscale series, is it normal that the grey screens are filled with some clear artifacting (posterization banding?)? Shouldn't it be homogenous? When playing the greyscale screens as .mp4 files from the AVSHD set there are no issues. There seems to be some compatibility issues as well, often the test patterns just freeze at 0/n. The ArgyllCMS patches in the madVR pattern generator also exhibit similar artifacting.

I also seem to be getting better results using DispcalGUI and generating a .icm profile and loading it than I did using the command lines to create a 3Dlut for MadVR. What are the advantages in madVR of a 3DLut compared a loaded .icm profile? I'm at least having issues with the full screen patterns, sometimes the deltaE's can go up to 15, but sometimes they are within 0-2 dE without doing any changes to the monitor or the profile. Is this an issue with the .icm profile not being applied?

Last edited by Gagorian; 12th August 2013 at 12:20.
Gagorian is offline   Reply With Quote