View Single Post
Old 25th January 2013, 09:02   #17186  |  Link
Jong

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
IIRC, the "x repeat frames every" line only appears if movie framerate and display refresh rate are reasonably close. The DVD is 60i in its original form and the refresh rate is anything even remotely close to 60i, so that's why the "x repeat frames every" line is not showing. I don't understand the clock deviation behaviour, though. When playing 24p, it makes sense that it's around 4% because 24p -> 25p is a bit more than 4% difference. But in the first case you said clock deviation was at 0%. That doesn't make sense if the source is 60i and the refresh rate is 50Hz. Also in that case it doesn't make sense that you saw repeated frames in the OSD. You should not have.
My mistake. I was looking for one of the "dropped/repeated/delayed frame" counters to increase but they didn't. the reason, of course, is because the repeated frame counter is not even there for the same reason the "x repeat frames every" is missing - because MadVR thinks the frame rates are too far apart.

Of course, because of soft-telecine, in fact they are not too far apart and it would be useful (particularly for me with my current MC issue) to see the repeat counter in this case, but I get that is a tricky issue.

At least this means that R1 DVDs are most likely consistent with R2 DVDs in MC, i.e. Videoclock is not currently working, since both show a deviation of 0% for DVD, but a proper corrected figure for .vob. Just a shame we can't see the repeat counter clocking up fast in the R1 case.

Last edited by Jong; 25th January 2013 at 09:07.
Jong is offline   Reply With Quote