View Single Post
Old 12th August 2003, 19:20   #11  |  Link
stickboy
AviSynth Enthusiast

BTW, the code above is sort of meant as proof-of-concept, not for production use or anything...

If the framecount of the original clip is not a multiple of 800, you might end up with some extra frames at the very end, because if you call Trim with a start frame past the end of the clip, it returns the last frame of the clip instead of a 0-frame clip.

I really should use my Trim2 function instead, but currently its bounds-checking is too strict to be used in this case easily. I will relax the checks and post an updated version later today.
Quote:
Originally posted by stickboy:
I believe your math is a little off... if you remove every 196th frame, you'll remove 5 frames of every 800. (If you neglect to remove the fifth frame, one of the segments will not be a multiple of 4.)
Ack, I must have been really sleepy when I wrote that. You're right, leaving every 196th frame untelecined works too. I don't know why I thought the last segment (196 + 12 = 208 frames) would not be a multiple of 4.

OTOH, using intervals of 200 should be a little bit smoother, since the discrepancy at the end is smaller.

Last edited by stickboy; 12th August 2003 at 19:58.
stickboy is offline   Reply With Quote