View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2010, 14:40   #1  |  Link
eTiMaGo

BD50 burn freezes playback

I got my hands on some inexpensive DL BD-R discs and messed around with re-ripping a couple of movies to burn to these.

I used the latest AnyDVD HD to rip to folders on the HDD then burned them with ImgBurn, pretty standard procedure.

But, with several titles, I have a problem whereas the playback just stops at a certain point, and gets extremely jerky. I can skip forwards a few chapters and it continues to play fine.

I thought this was a layer break issue, but I'm not convinced, for instance with 2012 it happens at about 55 minutes, and this is a rather long movie, I'm doubtful the layer break would be so early?

BTW the discs have been tested with 3 different BD players. One PS3, a Sony BD360 and a Philips BD3000. On the ripping/burning side, I am using an LG BH10LS30. I could get my hands on a friend's Pioneer BDR203 in the next few days for testing.

I tried a different technique for ripping, by using ImgBurn to create an ISO, then burning this, and somehow this made some movies work, but not others.

It *might* be a disc quality issue, these are CMC, but I've had very little problems with their BD25 discs. I don't really want to waste any more money by burning more expensive coasters, hence my posting here to see if anyone may have some advice! TIA!
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote