View Single Post
Old 29th July 2019, 19:33   #404  |  Link
DragonQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogames View Post
MKVToolNix GUI v35.0.0/64bit keeps crashing when adding a file to GUI. It does not matter if it is via drag-drop or Add file option.

I just upgraded my system to Ryzen 7 3700X. It's a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (version 1903). I came from a Ryzen 7 1800X (but not version 1903 but the previous version) which did not have this problem.

The 32bit version of MKVToolNix GUI v35.0.0 works! I have tried all 64 bit versions from v30.0.0 and on and they all crash when I add a file.

Note: No difference in behaviour between Installed and Portable versions
I have a similar issue. I also have a Ryzen 7 3700X, a fresh install of Windows 10 1903, and the 64-bit version of MKVToolnix GUI. I can add files and make changes, but as soon as I hit "Start multiplexing", the app crashes and disappears. I then cannot restart the app at all (it presumably insta-crashes since I never see the window). The only way to get the app to relaunch is to empty the "AppData\Local\bunkus.org\mkvtoolnix-gui\jobQueue" directory.

The only workaround I've found is to import files, choose my settings, then do "Show command line" and run it manually in the command line.