View Single Post
Old 20th October 2007, 01:41   #3  |  Link
Dew

Interesting comment as i bought them from a large national retail dvd sales and rental company.

I just tried ripping again with Any Dvd and it gets to the same Title 4 and stops at 75%. It indicates that the dvd is locked to Regions 1 and 4 and has CSS protection but no RCE protection.

I tried as well on the better half's notebook with her Sony burner ,,,mine is the BenQ 162I which I have had no issues with until this movie.
I used DVD Decrypter and made some setting changes...after reading some threads here and there in the forums.

1. I disabled CSS
2. I disabled structural protection removal
3. And under I/O changed to Use Elby...

In spite of that I still got an error message>

Reason: Failed to Send Challenge Key????

I don't understand that and after just using my BenQ with Any Dvd I guess I shouldn't have disabled the CSS??? Maybe I will go back and change that and try again
I have spent my whole day off here googling and posting and I can't seem to get anywhere.

I thought that I would post this as it may help to resolve the problem if it is possible.

The dvd is 2 layers and so I would have to use Shrink which simply will not read it even though the Burner does and I can see the files go into Nero however then everything grinds to a halt with cyclical redundency check???

I just don't get what is happening here???
It is an older dvd and so I really thought that Any dvd Ripper would do the job.
I hope someone has some ideas otherwise I guess the disc will get really messed up on Halloween here with sticky fingers!! Most of the teens respect the dvd's, but all it needs is ...One that doesn't.

I meant to mention as well that one of the languages in this movie apart from French is Portugese??? I read your Link and it mentions French and English and it is a Columbia Picture as is stated there, but I am wondering about this other language in there??
It was a large chain rental/retailer that I bought them both from, one here in the west and one in the east.
It used to be one of those Play Staion games from what I recall of the kids talking about it and there is now a new release coming out. I never knew what it was about until you kindly provided a well documented link. The ones that I had googled didn't say that much.

Last edited by Dew; 20th October 2007 at 02:07. Reason: additional info
Dew is offline   Reply With Quote