View Single Post
Old 16th April 2002, 13:13   #1  |  Link
R3g

weird VDub crashes

Having been away for one month, I upgraded XviD and started a new encoding session to see the improvments. The problem is that VDub crashes all the time. The weird thing is that it happens never at the same time. It can crash after 20 minutes of encoding, but yesterday it ran without problem during 6 hours before crashing (1000 frames from the end )
When it crashes, VDub send me it's own error popup. When I hit ok, windows sends me an application error messagebox saying : "The instruction at xxxxxxxx uses the address yyyyyyyy . The memory cannot be 'read'". xxxxxxxx and yyyyyyy are never the same. Don't know if it is useful, but I join to this message the crash report generated by VDub. The program disassembly it shows is alwys the same, and the error always at the same place. All thi assembly doesn't mean anything to me, so if someone could explain what it says...

Finally, my config : I use a Dvd2Avi 1.86 project frameserved to VDub through Avisynth. I've had the error with VDub 1.4.9 and 1.4.10, and with XviD binaries dated 5, 6, and 14 of April, from Nic or Koepi.

Please help me 'cause I can't wait for too long before trying the new codec!!!