View Single Post
Old 7th February 2016, 11:15   #13857  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

MP3DirectCut can also losslessly join two MP3 files (if they have been encoded exactly in the same way of course). You will have to copy the whole content of file 2, and paste it at the end of file 1, then save the complete audio. No problem with the tags or duration. Only the replay gain info (if any) may be wrong. And BTW, with the Copy /B trick (and perhaps also with eac3to), another problem exists. The bad samples at the end of the first file and beginnong of the second file are not removed, and a short silence may be perceptible. With MP3DirectCut, you cannot copy that part of the file (if it has been created with a good encoder), and there is no problem.

There are several versions of the MP3DirectCut program. I use the old one, still available here. The new version is here. I don't remember why I have preferred the old version.

BTW, I've tried to remove one channel from a stereo MP3 without re-encoding, but I haven't found a tool to do it. It's useful when a mono track has been encoded in stereo, to regain disc space and be more coherent with the source. The two channels contain exactly the same data (or, with joint stereo, the second channel should be almost empty). Someone knows a tool able to do that?

Last edited by r0lZ; 7th February 2016 at 11:26.