Thread: Avisynth 2.6 MT
View Single Post
Old 1st September 2011, 17:21   #221  |  Link
Zep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabje View Post
I will do this as soon as the person who has the same system is back from his vacation.
indeed

You have SSD... does he? (SSD drivers are IMHO beta still and may be causing a conflict on your box. disable driver and see)

are the CPU/RAM speeds forced in the BIOS or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabje View Post
Also a weird thing is that when I do a re-encode with the x264 codec of a 1920 x 1080 recording to a 1280 x 720 file I get the same speeds as my friend.
well what does that tell you? It tells me you have an I/O bottleneck that he does not since x264 is so CPU heavy any I/O throughput problem is masked. This why i want the baseline with just

MPEG2Source("E:\Recordings\test.d2v")
(No encoding just that to test throughput)

because any decent box can read 40 frames a second in but when you get up to 400 FPS well.... that is a lot of data.

You may have a driver installed he does not that is slowing you down. A good example is most all anti virus. The default is for them to scan a file on OPEN READ WRITE and CLOSE. this will slow you way down and you should only need to scan once on OPEN and once on CLOSE. if you let it scan during read/write your I/O will be cut in half or more.

no need to wait for your friend if you make a ram disk and test from that. (note if you can't get at least 1 gig second read from ramdisk your anti virus or some other driver is slowing it down)

anyway just more testing needed and we will know enough... good luck

Last edited by Zep; 1st September 2011 at 17:26.
Zep is offline   Reply With Quote