View Single Post
Old 17th April 2012, 17:22   #88  |  Link
jfcarbel
Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon3i View Post
When i finish some modification that i started i will share it on google code or whatever service, all interested can join
Awesome, great I look forward to helping. One of the features I would want to add is ability to open point to a video file (AVI, MP4,MKV) and have it read duration of video via mediainfo DLL and then based on this allow user to choose to create chapters based on # of chapters wanted or create chapter every # minutes with edit window to allow user to name chapters if they want. Then it would then be cool if it could invoke MKVmerge via command line to integrate the chapters into the MKV. Just some of the things I would look to add.

I have also always envisioned a tool that would read in an MKV or AVI file and allow user to scan thru the video quickly like AVIDemmux allows and when on a frame be able to click create chapter. So an interactive way to create the chapter file. And then with the ability to generate a chapters thumbnail jpg from the selected chapters.

BTW - looks like from first post that jdobbs provided you some code to use, make sure to get his clearance before open sourcing that. Also what language is the tool written in?
jfcarbel is offline   Reply With Quote