View Single Post
Old 29th January 2005, 14:25   #46  |  Link
Wilbert

Quote:
in the constructor it checks mode against "Rec.709->Rec.601" and "Rec.601->Rec.709", yet in the main part it checks mode against "mpeg2->mpeg1" is this intended? In the YV12 mpeg1->mpeg2 it uses the "21" conversions and not the "12" conversions, but in the YUY2 code the mpeg1->mpeg2 does use the "12" conversions?
I corrected all that (v1.6). Thx very much. It's a bit stupid that I didn't notice this

Quote:
Also, could you tell me or point me to a source that has the numbers for how the coefficients used were derived? I'm just curious, I tried to calculate them myself using coefficients from a few different websites, but they never work out to be exactly the same (usually off by 20-40 after multiplying by 65536).
I included a text file (coefficients.txt) which contains all calculations (if you know maple i can send you the worksheet). I hope that's clear enough.

Btw, some websites use slightly different coefficients, perhaps that could be the problem.

Quote:
I tried doing some simple optimization and got it running about 40% faster (about 210fps vs 145fps in YV12 on my comp) still with plain c code
Great! Could you add those changes to v1.6?
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote