View Single Post
Old 31st August 2013, 13:09   #19994  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soukyuu View Post
instead of win8 I'd personally go with win7
Yep, I'm not ready for the W8 metro bs just yet.......I'll be taking baby steps, and I might as well install W7SP1 on a SSD saving me from the HDD partitioning nightmare.

Well, at least AMD made it clear and gave up on XP altogether.....nvidia did not and I keep reading that DX9 games run faster on XP than on W7/8.....but anyway, there's little point for madshi to waste his time on XP and tbh I've been craving HPET since forever, time to put it all in action as there's no point in living in the past....and soon or later I'll be forced to move on anyway. Direct2D also seems pretty yummy

Concerning security, the way I see it: no open port = no problem. You also have to disable every non-vital background process and it'll take me a good while to learn the tricks of the trade all over again....and also to find a proper rules based trustable firewall, but using a 2012 DX11 GPU on a 2001 DX9 OS just doesn't make sense

And to avoid complete OT, I'll say that a 2GB GTX660 is really a dream come true with mVR...even with all buffers set to the max + FRC enabled(with a Q9450) I barely reach 1.2GB of VRAM and 30% of GPU load. It'll take 60fps 1440*1080 to seriously load the board and I do plan on keeping it for a while as this Asus is really just as silent as the reviews claim. Hopefully the GW2760HS won't be a letdown either

Last edited by leeperry; 31st August 2013 at 19:22.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote