View Single Post
Old 30th August 2013, 19:30   #19988  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

yay, I found a trick to get the darn thing working: when a movie starts without any picture, I open the "preferences" config panel of PotP, I close it et voilą picture is back! J3AR full upscale + FRC really do look amazing

here's a log(I made it as short as possible: it opened without any picture, I pressed F5 to open PotP's config panel then ESC to close it then ALT+F4), I guess that might have to do with D3D initilialization or something? The difference is dead obvious in the log, hope you can fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6233638 View Post
It's 12 years old at this point, and most people that are still running XP, are using it because they still have old hardware. Trying to use it with modern hardware is just asking for problems. My firewall passes all the leak tests.

Install Windows 8 now and wait for the final version of 8.1 to be released.
Well I use orthodynamic headphones that were made in the early 70's, it's only very recently that I finally dropped CRT's.....I'm from team "proven to work" but I do realize that you are entirely right. Also, with the recent PRISM stuff, I'm scared of all the spying stuff I will have to learn about and try to disable in W8. Gonna have to go back to the blackboard and reinvent the (security) wheel basically as my fav firewall is XP-only of course.....when OTOH my XP box does everything I need and my firewall passes all the leak tests(all non-vital background services are disabled as well).

Last edited by leeperry; 30th August 2013 at 20:16.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote