View Single Post
Old 26th June 2011, 22:55   #17596  |  Link
JanWillem32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElix View Post
I can. I have an HD6950.

I have a different problem which is quite terrible. I can't change files with PgUp/PgDn when I'm in D3DFS. When I try to do so everything's normal except one thing: video is frozen on the last frame of the previous video. It's as if the video card fails to see the need to show any changes! Sound is running normal but seekbar as well as mouse cursor aren't showing up. Catalyst 11.6, everything is set to use application settings. All video enhancers are off. I use EVR CP and tried every option in renederer settings. Tried different splitters as well. Tried uninstalling the player with its settings and with a fresh install it's the same thing.
It's an old problem of the renderer termination sequence in exclusive mode. It causes the old renderer instance to keep attached to an exclusive mode session on a display output, and it disallows new sessions to take possession of it. I re-wrote that part of the renderer fist in March, and I've made several optimizations for this part after that. Note that EVR is usually more sensitive to this problem than VMR, due to different unloading speeds. I've yet to integrate any optimizations I've made over time since January. There are some regressions in my version of the renderer core that inhibit me from requesting integration of the code I wrote. The most notable problem is the incompatibility with some the original VSync code.