View Single Post
Old 14th November 2018, 14:57   #3  |  Link
tebasuna51

Many questions, I can write some answers but we need a ffmpeg expert (I'm not) to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLX90 View Post
3. When I have to transcode an audio stream with eac3to (so except lossless -> lossless convert), there is always a difference of 0.03 sec to source audio stream (transcode: 01:40:05.79; source: 01:40:05.76). How can I avoid this?
All encoders insert a initial silence delay, also the lossy frames (minim blocks of samples, from 11ms-DTS to 32 ms-AC3) have different sizes and sometimes the last frame have silence at end.

Quote:
6. I will buy the necessary software to get the best results from eac3to (Nero, ArcSoft, Sonic, SurCode, ...). In theoretic, will I get better quality results when I use DTS:X Content Creator Suite and Dolby Media Producer Suite?
You don't need buy nothing all can be do with free software.

Quote:
How can I put E-AC-3 into the m4v-Container?...
Eac3to was not able to convert DTS-HD High Resolution to Dolby Digital Plus (eac3to audio1.dtshr audio1.eac3 --> This audio conversion is not supported.). How can I handle this?
You can't put EAC3 or DTS in mp4 container, see audio codecs allowed in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...tainer_formats

Please use the preferred mp4 audio codec AAC for lossy audio, the size/quality is comparable to EAC3 and better than AC3.