View Single Post
Old 26th June 2006, 17:29   #97  |  Link
frank
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by vandienk:
...as soon as I insert the disc on the player, the laser gets kinda stuck at the reading and I just read the recognised format "DVD" at the LCD display and then, the player becomes absolutely impossible to work.
Because the LB setting or the file system is wrong (UDF) it wants to read information from non-existant sectors, or it cannot recognise the book-type.
Quote:
...I still keep inserting the DVD on the driver that created it and I am still able to watch it with PowerDVD on the PC.
A PC can use the ISO file system, or the UDF. The Windows OS has more intelligence than a stupid dvd player (access via file names instead of ifo pointers).

The whole trouble comes from pre-embossed/pre-written areas (with fixed information about L0 size) of the -R standard! (movie mafia)
To solve the problems with -R DL you have to climb over mountains. It is basically possible to burn -R DL DVDs with a changed Layer Break (Layer Jump method etc.), so the standard says. But the filesystem layouter MKISOFS doesn't support it (->predefined anchor point positions) and a big workaround has to be done (in ImgBurn and PgcEdit). Until now not solved.
But why? Use DVD+R DL.

Last edited by frank; 26th June 2006 at 17:41.
frank is offline   Reply With Quote