View Single Post
Old 26th April 2010, 22:34   #5  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
The other thing is how can you know how good the encoder is when its not released? Unless you also have gotten the newest leaked drivers and tried it yourself on a 5000+ series ATI card.
Ati encoder is officially available from long time!

Quote:
If you have to get into quality debates you probably didnt even take the time to knock together two of your braincells and read my post. My primary use of this encoder is for speed and for youtube.
Youtube will always re-encode your video. This means that source MUST be in the best quality you can achieve.

Quote:
Why would I want to spend all day encoding with insane settings to send it off to youtube to be butchered?
No need to use insane settings. x264 delivers excellent quality at medium preset. Also you can improve quality by using lower CRF value.

Quote:
Speaking of quality though, it came out looking great to me, the file size is larger than what I had gotten with MeGUI (150mb for 1 4gb file, MeGUI was 500mb for 6x4gb files) but the speed was way faster and quality looked just as good without taking the time to compare the two directly.
I have r4850 and I will show you later how terrible Ati encoder is!
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote