View Single Post
Old 13th May 2010, 09:41   #8  |  Link
ChiDragon

Hi folks, the tool has been updated to v0.2 in order to support PowerDVD Ultra 10.

I also made a small change to ensure that the same "INACTIVE" message is reported under Windows 7 as it is with Windows Vista for PowerDVD below 7.3.3516.

Tested using English Windows 7 (64-bit) and English Windows XP (32-bit). I was only able to test with TMT under Windows XP so if someone using BRTT v0.1 with TMT+Vista or TMT+Win7 could make sure I didn't break anything with v0.2 I'd appreciate it.

Thank you all for your comments.

I have made some changes to attempt support of non-English Windows. I believe it should now work with any language so long as the text used by PowerDVD and TMT themselves remains in English. Are they usually translated as well? I hope not...

So please test and report back.

Regarding post #3, I don't think support of Nero Showtime is possible, as I don't know any way to deal with Alternate Data Streams by scripting. Support of WinDVD is definitely impossible since that requires unprotecting things and rebooting. As far as your point #2, what you suggest (keeping different programs set to different regions) can be done without even using any separate tool so there isn't really a reason to work on adding it. It would just make things more complex since then the icon in the taskbar wouldn't have full relevance to the set region.

@hewwra, if you want I can try to support both versions using the regular tool but I would need you to test since I don't have Media Center.
ChiDragon is offline   Reply With Quote