View Single Post
Old 17th March 2013, 16:24   #18026  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
hi guys,
there are so many threads about this topic...hard to get an overview...so I hope you don't mind me asking some questions that may have been asked and answered many times before....
Even after a lot of research i don't quite understand the thing with the color range. I have a Panasonic VT20. I assume via HDMI it has limited color range. So I set my AVR to limited. madvr to limited and normally I would have thought I set my NVIDIA controls to limited, too. But I heard to set the desktop color range to full. Is this correct? Will madvr work best this way and the colors will be correct?
Next issue I still don't quite understand. My mkvs finally run smoothly after setting up madvr. Now my display automoatically switches to 1080p/24, 1080p/23, for my recordings with camcoder to 1080p/50 and so on. Finally mkv movies play smoothly.
first of all put ur avr to direct untouched or what ever the name is.

if ur display is a limited range display u have two options.

1. put the madvr output to unlimited and set the graphic card to limited. now the desktop and the video are limited und totally fine but the video was changed from limited to unlimited to limited.

2. put the madvr output to limited and set the graphic card to unlimited. now ur desktop colors are wrong becource ur tv ignores the the extra informations in the unlimited stream but the video is fine and was never changed from limited to unlimited this is a little bit better then option 1.

if ur display is unlimited.

put madvr to unlimited and the graphic card desktop and video is now fine.

same tv can handle both unlimited and limited for exsample my philiphs tv needs unlimted in pc mode and limited in the rest. try a test picture like this http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/mikeyurkus/0-255BWDVD.png

Quote:
I read a lot about the upscaling functions. Still don't know which settings are best and most recommended.
jinc 3 ar for both is recommended if ur card can handle it. but it is all about taste so u have to figure this out by ur self.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote