View Single Post
Old 17th December 2018, 23:22   #142  |  Link
UHD 4 Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It's not impossible -- but it's not easy either. It's more than just replacing the streams. There has to be extensions and data added/provided in the index.bdmv, MovieObject.bdmv, any associated MPLS and CLPI files. You also have to change the version number of pretty much all files from v2 to v3.
So I know about the version number change that has to happen (which tsm2uhd should do).

The file I have is an 8-bit converted to 10-bit, so no new color grading just expanding the space so I'm not too worried about the data block in the extension data.

I have decrypted a retail disc I own and I'm looking at that as an example (specifically Rise of the Planet of the Apes).

After that I am looking at the extension data for the mpls files and then correcting the clpi files. And I assume that the exension data on the playlist files with ID1:3 ID2:5 is more HDR info?

I'm going to assume I don't need extension data on my MovieObject.bdmv file as I'm not seeing any on my retail disc.

As far as editing the CLPI's go, I've found the pids in the files via hex editor and bd edit. What addresses need to be changed to signify an HEVC stream?

One last question, are you using anything outside of a hex editor, bd edit, and media info to look at these flies to be able to see what's in them a little more clearly? Because I feel like I'm doing this all wrong haha.

Thanks for your all of your help and your software (seriously), sorry if I seem annoying or anything haha.
UHD 4 Everyone is offline   Reply With Quote