View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2007, 10:44   #13  |  Link
dragongodz

Quote:
The 100.95 betas released a few weeks ago would refute your claims I would think.
no 100.95 were 8 series only aswell. however you can get a modded inf to install to 6 and 7 series cards aswell. relevant information here
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=26

Quote:
Nvidia doesn't seem to care about XP-users anymore.
Quote:
ATI on the other hand releases new drivers every month.
hmm pity they dont seem to be able to release hardware then isnt it ?
i mean come on. i know people are constantly wanting new drivers but unless you have some major problem older drivers are generally fine for series 6 and7 cards on XP.
also you have no idea what ati's drivers are going to be like. any claim that they will be perfect is refuted by their current drivers. you mention they keep releasing drivers, why is that do you think ? because they are perfect ? think again.
lets just stop the nvidia bashing or take it to some other forum like rage3d.

personally if you are thinking of going for one of the midrange dx10 capable cards in a few months there is little to no point going for a top end card now, thats from either nvidia or ati.

for HDD i would be tempted to go seagate insted of WD because traditionally the seagates are cooler. so long as you have plenty of air flow/cooling in your case though it probably wont make too much difference.